Credential to be a Child Care Director
To become a Director in the state of Texas you will need:
- To complete our Administrator’s Credential program. Your credential will be titled "Child Care Director Credential"
- At least two years of experience in a licensed child-care center (which includes licensed in home centers.)
- Be 21 Years of Age
- Have a High School Diploma or GED
Our Program Hours: 50 (To register scroll to the bottom of this page.)
Programs: All can be paid in full or through a payment plan.
State of Texas Required Topics Covered:
- Principles of child growth and development
- Safe, healthy, learning environments
- Positive guidance techniques to support social and emotional development
- Effective and productive relationships between family, community and school
- Observation documentation of children, staff and the child care program
- Principles of Administration
- Personnel management and staff development
- Meeting Texas Minimum Standards
- Strategies to effectively manage a child care center
All trainers have at least a M.S. in Early Childhood Education or Child Development and members of National Organizations.
We are here for you and are going to do what it takes to help you succeed!